You may begin to notice results within 24 to 48 hours for moderate to severe frown lines, with results lasting up to 4 months. Botulinum toxin is a technique-sensitive treatment. You should not lose the ability to show expression when you are treated by someone who is licensed, trained, and a medical expert in facial anatomy.
- Frown lines between the eyebrows,
- Crow's-feet, the lines that fan out from the corners of the eyes,
- Forehead furrows, the horizontal lines that form when you raise your eyebrows,
In addition to these cosmetic procedures, which simply improve your appearance, botulinum toxin injections have also been used to treat conditions that affect how your body functions. Examples include:
- Cervical dystonia. In this painful condition, your neck muscles contract involuntarily causing your head to twist or turn into an uncomfortable position.
- Lazy eye. The most common cause of lazy eye is an imbalance in the muscles responsible for positioning the eye. This can result in crossed eyes.
- Muscle contractures. Some neurological conditions, such as cerebral palsy, can cause your limbs to pull in toward your center. In some cases, these contracted muscles can be relaxed with botulinum toxin injections.
- Hyperhidrosis. In this condition, excessive sweating occurs even when the temperature isn't hot and you're not exercising. In some people, the sweat literally drips off their hands.
- Chronic migraine. If you experience migraines more than 15 days a month, botulinum toxin injections may help reduce headache frequency. Bladder dysfunction. Botulinum toxin injections can also help reduce urinary incontinence caused by an overactive bladder.
- Bruxism. Bruxism is the medical term for unconscious teeth clenching and grinding, either while awake or asleep, which can lead to physical painful and severe dental problems. Chronic teeth grinding can cause headache, earaches, facial pain, and even migraines. Botulinum toxin has proven to be an ideal treatment option for targeting and treating excessive muscle activity and spasticity. By injecting small doses of Botulinum toxin directly into the masseter muscle (the large muscle that moves the jaw), the muscle is weakened enough to stop involuntary grinding of the teeth and clenching of the jaw. This significantly relaxes the muscle and reduces the wear and tear on the teeth due to grinding.
MesoBotulinum toxin is a non-surgical method of correction of different aesthetic skin problems. Ageing process leads to a natural body loosening. As far as the face is concerned more generally such an effect may be noticed around the eyes and lips. In general, the Botulinum toxin and more specifically the MesoBotulinum toxin are used to relax the “good muscles” (the round muscles). It leads to smoothing of wrinkles and straightening of the facial contour. MesoBotulinum toxin may be applied to the face as well as to separate areas where the skin is thinner and muscles are thinner. The effect is a more tightened and smooth skin, shrinked pores, reduced fat secretion. With this technique the effect of eye “opening” may be achived, as well as an overall lifting effect.